Interim Presentations – 17/10
I presented all my ideas and where I’d got to at this stage of the project (presentation above). I had a good response from my work with the general comment being that they much preferred the change of typeface and the whole idea of my exhibition. It was great to hear that people liked my ideas and how I tried to be use my knowledge of the language to create the name. One person did pick up the similarities to one of designs to the brand ‘EE’ which I definitely see now and I won’t be using those colours at all. From this I took that I need to just keep developing the brand, keep with the typeface but work more on the colours I am using as well as be more contextual with where my research came from when it comes to next presenting my work.
Group Crit – 19/10
Group: Jenny / Elliot
What I showed hadn’t developed from what I’d shown on the 17th but neither Jenny or Elliot had seen my work so it was good to get a fresh set of eyes on it for further feedback. The response was the same as the presentation, they liked the work and my concept and thought it was a good decision to move away from the bifurcated type. They gave me a couple of things to work on: so the colours, definitely to change as the teal colour is quite commonly used and to have more vibrant colours so that they stand out on the street more. Another point is, with the twitter/instagram username, to try using a different typeface – that works alongside mine – so that it’s more legible and differentiates from the slang and name; I will definitely try this as I think it’s a good point but I do like how it’s all in one type so it’s together as a brand rather than separate.