Palatino Poster – Improvement

Previous type specimen:
https://ellenreiddesign.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/final-type-specimen-poster/

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 14.50.46.png

Using the feedback I received in the presentation and formative assessment, I recreated the palatino type specimen. One of the main pieces of feedback was to be more playful, so first of I looked at my previous experiments and worked from that. Having seen what other people had created for the brief, it was good to use this as some inspiration.

Below is my process of creating the posters:

I tried to be more playful with the composition of the word ‘Palatino’. One part of the feedback was that I hadn’t included all the characters or glyphs so I made these things were included. Also, the logo I had originally chosen to use was too dark and big and it took over the hierarchy from the other parts of the poster. I chose to use a different logo that had used Palatino and made sure it was small and different overpower the rest of the poster. I wanted the piece to be in the centre of the page which created a lot of blank space so to make the work more interesting, I used different gradients of black to white to act as a colouring to the piece. From the projects we have completed since the word project, I have learned a lot about type setting and composition which has allowed me to create a better type specimen for this project.

Final type specimen:

PALATINO POSTER

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 15.03.42.png

Advertisements

Author: ellenreiddesign

First year Graphic Communication student at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s