Using the first page of the book ‘Great Expectations’, myself and Meg created this:
We used Minion Pro for the text because we felt it was suited to the time of the book. Experimenting with composition and pace of the page we decided the stagger the text so that there was a clear flow on the page for how it is read. The heading and subheading were written in bolder text to have hierarchy over the rest of the page. Other text – not as important as the heading – like the quote were written in italics to stand out from the main body text. We used a larger sized letter to show the beginning of the body text which was written in 8pt.
What we didn’t realise until we printed off is that we’d done the piece of work in A4 rather than B6 as specified. Below I altered size of the document to B6 as asked for by the brief which meant everything had to be closer together but I tried to keep a similar composition to what we had originally created.