Modular Typeface

Part of the work to submit on Monday is to complete of digitised type form of the modular typefaces we created in groups. The letters I drew out were ‘g’ and ‘y’ so I chose to draw the letter ‘g’ in Illustrator.

I used the grid that was used to make the type by hand but it was really difficult to get the right shape. Eventually I managed to work out a system to get it looking OK, using the line and paintbrush tool. I think overall, it looks really similar to the original design. The next step is comparing it to the letters the other people in the group have made as obviously it is a group project so ideally all the letters need to be identical.



Author: ellenreiddesign

First year Graphic Communication student at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s