Thurs 29th Sept
We had introductory into a 1/3 part of our course which is called Constellation. Its the academic part of the course, a trans-disciplinary subject teaching critical thinking and writing. Aims of constellation are develop skills, context and ideas.
Each week, we will be in interdisciplinary study groups and have key note lectures. We were given a lecture from each study group lecture and I will have to decide and choose which ones I want to do. Constellation runs over term 1 and term 2 and we have a different study group for each term. The following study groups to choose from are:
- Huw Williams – Sustainable Process
- Dr. Ashley Morgan – The body: art, design and society
- Dr. Jonathan – after modernism, orthodox modernism, abstract expression
- Dr. Mahnaz Shah – conceptual crossovers, what is art?
- Nick Evans – Neo-futurist Architecture
- Dr. Martyn Woodward – new materialisms
- Prof Clive Cazeaux – Philosophy
- Cath Davies – Smells Like Teen Spirit.
The two I am most interested in picking are, Ne0-futurist Architecture – I like architecture, exploring design in that way and also its not just about buildings, paintings/poetry/music too – and Philosophy – I like questioning everything and the idea of exploring different things into why we do it and what is it, etc. Those two subjects are ones I would find the most interesting and want to learn about.